RRC Implements New Convenience Fee Charges on September 1
The Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) announces the implementation of new convenience fee charges, for both credit card and electronic check (ACH) payments made online via the RRC Online System and www.Texas.gov for fee payments, surcharges and registrations including:
- Drilling permit applications;
- Groundwater protection determination requests and Statewide Rule 13 exceptions;
- Alternative Fuels company licensing, individual certifications and compliance forms;
- Oil & Gas Division workshops, conferences, and other event registrations; and
- Renewal of the Form P-5, Organization Report.
Effective September 1, 2015, the existing 3% convenience fee charge for both credit card and ACH payments will be replaced with new charges and automatically reflected in total amounts.
ACH payments will have a $1.00 flat convenience fee added to the fee total. For example, when paying for a $100.00 RRC fee, the convenience fee is $1.00 making the total payment $101.00.
Credit card payments will have a convenience fee added of 2.25% of the RRC Amount + $.26. For example, when paying a $100.00 RRC fee, the convenience fee is $2.51, making the total payment $102.51.
If there are any questions about the new convenience fee charges, email the RRC at Publicassist@rrc.texas.gov .