RRC Online System
What is the RRC Online System?
Use of these electronic filing options requires a User ID that is obtained by filing a Security Administrator Designation (SAD) form (pdf format) and following subsequent instructions for assigning security access to company employees.
How does RRC Online System work?
RRC Online System saves money by electronically sending data required on a report from your computer to our computer. The RRC Online System allows the user to submit their reports using one or more of the following mediums:
Online Filing Over the Internet
The data is keyed directly into online screens and submitted to the RRC over the Internet.
EDI - File Upload
The data is sent directly from your computer, using the Internet E-File System, to our computers in the file format prescribed by the RRC. This transmission is almost instantaneous, requiring nothing in a material form to be transferred.
EDI - Compact Disc
The data is downloaded in a specified format from your computer onto a CD. The CD is mailed to the Commission where the data is then uploaded to our computer for processing.
Is it mandatory to file electronically through the RRC Online System?
If I fill out a SAD Form and submit it to the RRC will I be required to submit electronically?
When I use the online screens to enter a report, can I use the "back arrow" button on my browser to return to a previous screen?
When I log into the RRC Online System, I do not have access to all the applications that are supposed to be available. What is the problem?
What reports or applications can be filed through the RRC Online System?
How is authorization obtained to file electronically through the RRC Online System?
I am a designated security administrator, but when I log into the RRC Online System using the User ID assigned to me by the Railroad Commission, I cannot access any applications other than Account Administration. What do I need to do to get access to other oil and gas applications?
How do I file more than just one form using the RRC Online System?
The RRCOnline System currently allows for the filing of the following:
- Oil & Gas Forms
- PR (Production Reports)
- W-1 (Drilling Permit Application)
- H10 (Annual Disposal/Injection Well Monitoring Report)
- Pipeline Forms
- Texas Damage Reporting Form**
- PS-81 (Plastic Pipe Inventory)
- PS-87 (Proximity to Public Schools)
- PS-89 (Risk Management)
- PS-95 (Semi-Annual Leak Report)
Control of which applications are available to a filer account is in the hands of the organization's security administrator. In order to file a particular report or application, your security administrator must assign that filing right to you. The following steps taken by your security administrator will accomplish that:
1 Log in to the RRC Online System using the security account User ID.
2. On the RRC Online System Home screen, select Account Administration.
3. On the Account Administration screen, click the Search tab at the top of the screen.
4. On the Search for Person screen, you may leave all fields blank, or you may enter search parameters. Click the Search button at the bottom.
5. The resulting Search Results screen will list all accessible accounts within your company who fit the parameters (if any) that you entered. Click a User ID link to access the account settings.
6. On the Maintain Account Info screen, click the Assign Filing Rights tab to assign/remove filing privileges for that account. Locate the appropriate right in the "Available Rights", check the "add" box, and then click submit at the bottom. Once that right appears in the "Associated Rights" group, the filer account will have access to the drilling permits application.
(** Note: the Texas Damage Reporting System can be accessed by non-operators, such as excavators, emergency response officials and the general public, through this link: http://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/TPD/publicHomeAction.do)