Production Reporting (Form PR)
When can I view the RRC Online System and practice filing production using the online screens?
What do I need to do if I want to file production reports by EDI?
2. Obtain a copy of the manual and file layout for Form PR.
3. Create and test the data file you wish to submit by uploading the file on the production EDI Test Site (Although testing every file is not required prior to uploading, testing is recommended initially to ensure the file format meets new requirements).
4. Begin filing electronically by logging into the RRC Online System, select the Production Reports (PR) System, and upload the file. Alternatively, you may submit the file on CD.
What do I need to do if I want to file production reports online through the RRC Online System?
2. Begin filing electronically by logging into the RRC Online System, select the Production Reports System, and file your reports online using the screens that are provided.
Can a user submit production reports on paper forms?
How will I be informed about discrepancies if I file production reports electronically though EDI File Upload?
Operators will continue to receive an initial e-mail informing them of format rejects. Data discrepancies, such as 'out of balance' will be communicated through a monthly letter.
In Phase 2 of the application, operators will be able to access an FTP site through the web to see a list of their discrepancies.
How will I be informed about discrepancies if I file production online using screens that are provided in the RRC Online System?
When filing production electronically through EDI does the file need to be sorted in any particular way?
Is it possible for more than one operator to file production on the same lease? If so, will the RRC total the reports for the lease?
For a production EDI file, is the Identifying Record always the first record in the file?
Should production disposition volumes that have been coded to Disposition Code 5 for Gas Lift, also be included in the Gas Production volume?
I am having a problem with filing out column 1 of the Form PR (paper version) because the field and lease name extend beyond the first column. What should I do?
Generally, a 32-character field name and lease name will fit in the first column using Arial 7 point font without the text extending beyond the margin providing that the font is not all upper case. If this does not work, please try the following:
1. Do not use all caps
2. Use a self-adjusting font
3. Abbreviate field and/or lease name
4. Drop characters that exceed beyond the column width.
On a EDI production file, can a well number be entered in the 'Gas Well Number' data item 46 for Oil wells or does this field have to be blank for oil wells?
If a Gas well's production for a month is zero and it doesn't have any liquid inventory, production or sales, should a record be included indicating zero production for the well for the month?
Yes, you need to include a record for this well. You may leave the production volumes null or put in a zero. It will be treated the same way as no production volumes for the month.
If a non-producing gas well has no liquid inventory and is carried as a shut-in well on the RRC gas proration schedule for the month of production being filed, then no report is required.
If a lease was initially reported with production, but actually had no production, should a corrected report be filed for that month?
I have 3 operating companies and I am the security administrator for each company. Will I have to upload 3 PR files each month (1 for each company) or can I upload a single file with PR data for each company?
You may put all their records in one file and upload it. The operator number is attached to each record. However, the name of the AgentId, the person who signs and files the report, it occurs only once in the header record.
Changes to Statewide Rule 80 (Commission Oil and Gas Forms, Applications, and Filing Requirements) now allow a third party to file for an operator without that operator naming them as a filer. So, an option available to you is to file a SAD for yourself and create an account for your company. Then, as the Security Administrator for that company, you will create another userID with all the filing rights. This user ID will be the AgentID in the EDI file.
1) You file a new SAD for XWY Consulting
2) The RRC gives you an account and a new SAD userid of xyzcons
3) You log into the new security system as xyzcons (available on Feb 14) and create a new filer lloyd and assign all the filing rights to lloyd
4) In the EDI files you create put lloyd as the agent ID in the header record.
5) Login to the system as lloyd and upload the file.
Where can I find details about production discrepancies?
To find details about a company’s production discrepancies and make updates, an operator can log into the Production Reporting Online System available on the Commission’s website [https://webapps.rrc.state.tx.us/security/login.do]. Once logged into the system, select the Filing tab. Enter the operator number or operator name then select “Search”. Once the company name is highlighted, select “Submit”. On the next screen, proceed to the “Correct Outstanding Discrepancies” box. Then select the appropriate fields to view and update the discrepancies.