General Instructions for Oil & Gas E-Filing
This page is for those companies (oil, gas, pipelines, mines, and rail) that are regulated by the Railroad Commission of Texas.
These regulated entities must file permits, applications, reports and other information with the Railroad Commission.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective September 4, 2007, H-10 filings will ONLY be accepted electronically through the RRC Online System. H-10 filings will NO LONGER be accepted through the E-file application.
- To access the Electronic Filing system Log on here (Account and password required)
- To file informationElectronically with the Railroad Commission you must:
- Complete and submit the Master Electronic Filing Certificate (MEFC).
- Complete and submit the Contact Worksheet.
- Obtain an account by completing the Electronic filing application.
- Confirmation of your account will be sent via email.
- For file layout/format and other general information please refer to the E-File/EDI Manual.
- Create the data file according to the file format standards.
- Submit required information online over the internet.
Companies may enter their own information or may use a vendor's software package.
See the Efile Software Vendors List
- To file informationon Paper with the Railroad Commission you must:
- Obtain the correct form from the Oil & Gas forms library.
- Submit required information in person at the RRC or via U.S. Mail
- A Frequently Asked Questions list about EFile is available.
Last Updated: 7/18/2016 11:02:46 AM