2010 Texas Radiation Regulatory Conference
AUSTIN––The 2010 Texas Radiation Regulatory Conference will be conducted on September 2 and 3 by the Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and Texas Railroad Commission, with support from the South Texas Chapter of Health Physics Society (STC-HPS). The conference will be held in The DoubleTree Hotel in Austin (6505 I-35N). Updates on the regulation of radiation will be provided by state agency staff, and persons from the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and the Department of Energy; information on the topics in the program is available at each of the state agency websites and the STC-HPS website. Also on the STC-HPS web page (http://www.stc-hps.org) are links for online meeting registration and hotel reservation. To obtain discounted rates, hotel reservation must be made by August 15 and conference registration must be made by August 25; the discounted hotel rates are $115/single and $135/double; the discounted conference registration rate is $125 ($150 after August 25; $175/walk-in).
The first day of the meeting (September 2) will be conducted as a General Session.
The second day of the conference (September 3), will be conducted in two separate rooms.
- In one room, Radioactive Waste Management/Disposal will be discussed.
- In the other room, a CT & Fluoroscopy Rule Initiatives Stakeholders Meeting will be held.
CEUs will be awarded acceptable for Texas LMP & MRT certifications and AART certifications.
Two special sessions will be held in conjunction with the conference:
- On the afternoon of September 3, 4 hours will be dedicated to X-Ray Service Providers.
- An all day mammography session will be held on Saturday, September 4. Application has been made for 7.5 Mammography CEUs.
In addition to the important information provided during the conference, please note:
- registration reception will be held Wednesday, September 1, 4:00pm – 6:00pm.
- free shuttle to the entertainment district will run September 1, 6:00pm – 11:00pm.
- banquet is included in the registration fee (Thursday, September 2, 6:30pm – 8:30pm; the banquet keynote speaker is Dr. Dale Klein, former Chairperson, US NRC).
A meeting registration form is attached for persons not wishing to register online.
Persons with questions should contact Pete Myers, Conference Coordinator, preferably by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org (or by phone at (512) 217-8494).
We look forward to seeing you at the conference.
Karen Blanchard, Department of State Health Services
2010 Texas Radiation Regulatory Conference Committee