Transport Driver Reciprocal Agreement
LP-gas transport drivers certified by Arkansas, Louisiana or New Mexico may operate transports in Texas under reciprocity agreements between the Railroad Commission and those states’ LP-gas authorities. To be issued a reciprocal examination exemption, a driver must:
1) Be currently and properly certified as an LP-gas transport driver by the State of Arkansas, Louisiana and/or New Mexico.
2) Have passed one or more of these states’ LP-gas transport-driver examinations.
3) Have no enforcement actions pending.
4) Complete and submit Form 16R via fax or mail, along with proof of certification and a nonrefundable $40 filing fee.
5) Be employed by (or be) a Railroad Commission-licensed LP-gas company.
Reciprocal exemptions must be renewed annually by May 31 and are subject to the Railroad Commission’s $35 annual certification renewal fee.
Exemptions not renewed by the deadline must pay a $20 late fee.
NOTE: 16 Texas Administrative Code §9.18(g) defines a transport as a cargo tank motor vehicle of more than 5,000 gallons water capacity.
Last Updated: 8/23/2015 10:53:34 AM