Groundwater Advisory Unit (GAU) Oil and Gas Waste Disposal Well Letter
To request a Groundwater Advisory Unit (GAU) Oil ad Gas Waste Disposal Well Letter, submit a copy of the following documents:
- Completed Form W-14, Application to Dispose of Oil ad Gas Waste by Injection Into a Formation not Productive of Oil and Gas. (Instructions for Form W-14);
- Scaled map showing the well location and surrounding survey lines;
- Current Groundwater Protection Determination (Form GW-2) for the well. If you do not have Groundwater Protection Determination or it is older than five years, you must get a current Form GW-2 by following the process outlined on the GAU Home Page; and
- Electric log(s) that includes the log header and the interval from the land surface through the injection zone: for the existing well, or for a nearby analgous well, if you are drilling a new well.
If you do not have a Groundwater Protection Determination for surface casing, submit the required documents as an attachment to the RRC Online System Groundwater Application.
If you do have a Groundwater Protection Determination, submit the required documents to the Railroad Commission of Texas via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, US Mail, or an overnight express service.
Once all required information is received and determined to be administratively complete, the estimated processing time for a Saltwater Disposal letter is ten (10) business days. If a Groundwater Protection Determination application is submitted with a SWD letter application, both letters will normally be issued together within ten (10) business days.
- A scaled map showing the well location and surrounding survey lines can be created and printed using the Railroad Commission of Texas’ Public GIS Viewer. This viewer will allow you to locate and retrieve details for an existing well and determine the coordinates for a proposed well.
Last Updated: 10/17/2016 7:34:43 AM