Groundwater Advisory Unit (GAU) Determination for a Seismic Survey
To request a Groundwater Protection Determination for a Seismic Survey, submit the following documents:
- a letter on your company’s letterhead that includes:
- the company’s name, address, and phone number;
- the contact person;
- email address (if available);
- the name of the proposed seismic program;
- the county or counties in which the project is located;
- the depth of the shot holes; and
- the size (in pounds) of the explosive charge used in each shot hole.
- a map showing the shot-hole locations and the land survey lines.
Submit the required documents to the Railroad Commission of Texas via e-mail to email@example.com, regular US Mail, or an overnight express service.
Once all required information is received and determined to be administratively complete, the estimated processing time for a Seismic Survey letter is ten (10) business days.
- A scaled map showing the well location and surrounding survey lines can be created and printed using the Railroad Commission of Texas’ Public GIS Viewer. This viewer will allow you to locate and retrieve details for an existing well and determine the coordinates for a proposed well.
Last Updated: 10/17/2016 7:34:32 AM