Groundwater Advisory Unit (GAU) Determination for a Seismic Survey
To request a Groundwater Protection Determination for a Seismic Survey, submit the following documents:
- a letter on your company’s letterhead that includes:
- the company’s name, address, and phone number;
- the contact person;
- email address (if available);
- the name of the proposed seismic program;
- the county or counties in which the project is located;
- the depth of the shot holes; and
- the size (in pounds) of the explosive charge used in each shot hole.
- a map showing the shot-hole locations and the land survey lines.
Submit the required documents to the Railroad Commission of Texas via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, regular US Mail, or an overnight express service.
Once all required information is received and determined to be administratively complete, the estimated processing time for a Seismic Survey letter is ten (10) business days.
- Effective February 1, 2016, an application fee of $100 is required for a Groundwater Protection Determination. The application fee is also subject to a 150 percent ($150) surcharge required by Statewide Rule 78(n). Therefore a total of $250 must be remitted to the Railroad Commission of Texas with each Form GW-1, Groundwater Protection Determination Request Form. For additional information, reference the Notice to Operators: Groundwater Protection Determination Application Fee and Surcharge. Additional fees apply to expedite the application.
- Expedited processing is not available for Seismic Survey determination letter requests.
- A scaled map showing the well location and surrounding survey lines can be created and printed using the Railroad Commission of Texas’ Public GIS Viewer. This viewer will allow you to locate and retrieve details for an existing well and determine the coordinates for a proposed well.
Last Updated: 6/1/2016 7:40:38 AM