Reporting Pipeline Damages
The Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) adopted the Pipeline Damage Prevention Rules under Title 16 of the Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 18. The rule, which became effective September 1, 2007, applies to pipeline operators and persons engaged in or preparing to engage in excavation activities in the vicinity of a pipeline.
Texas Pipeline Damage Prevention Program - Main Page
- Texas Damage Reporting Form for Excavators
- Excavator sample pages one, two and three (These are sample pages only and CANNOT be completed and submitted to the RRC.)
- How to Submit an Excavator Texas Damage Reporting Form (TDRF)
- Texas Damage Reporting Form for Pipeline Operators
- Operator sample pages one, two and three (These are sample pages only and CANNOT be completed and submitted to the RRC.)
- EDI Document - Electronic Document Interchange (PDF) is for use by pipeline operators for file layout-format and other general information.
- P-5 Pipeline Operators ONLY: Assign a Security Administrator for Filing Operations. To file forms electronically through the RRC Online System, you must first assign a Security Administrator for your organization by submitting a Security Administrator Designation for Electronic Filing form to the RRC. The Security Administrator can then assign user roles to others in your organization, enabling them to file forms electronically with the RRC. The Security Administrator may also file forms electronically, but must first assign himself/herself a user role with rights to file. For more information on the Security Administrator functions and responsibilities, please see the RRC Online System frequently asked questions, and the PDF instructions for user account creation/maintenance.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE OFFICIAL, EMERGENCY RESPONDER AND GENERAL PUBLIC
- Title 16, Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Part 1 Chapter 18-Underground Pipeline Damage Prevention
- Exemptions under the Texas Utilities Code Chapter 251, are listed under section 251.003
- Exemptions under Title 16, Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Part 1 Rule 18.1(d)
- Legal Holidays - Chapter 662 Sec. 662.021
Last Updated: 7/14/2016 7:06:44 AM