AFS Exams Administered
* CANCELLED *
Friday, March 12, 2021 - 9:30 AM
Exams Administered – ONLINE
Select employee-level exams may be administered online by an authorized Railroad Commission of Texas proctor to certify individuals to perform work requiring contact with Propane (LPG).
Individuals may select ONLY ONE of the following exams per session:
- Bobtail Driver
- Service & Installation Technician
- Transport Driver
- DOT Cylinder Filler
- Motor/Motor Mobile Fuel Dispenser
- Recreational Vehicle Technician
- Appliance Service & Installation Technician
In addition to passing the exam, every applicant for the above LPG certifications, except for transport drivers, must complete 8 hours of approved training by the next May 31 after passing the examination. (NOTE: If the examination is passed between March 1 and May 31, then the training must be completed by May 31 of the next year.)
Individuals must prepare independently for online examinations using the appropriate rulebooks and/or study guides provided by the Commission. The online proctored exams are exclusively for testing and will not go over the exam materials.
Study guides can be found here: LPG Study Guides
Requirements for online testing
- A laptop or desktop computer with webcam
- Access to Zoom
- Ability to read PDF files
- Access to the appropriate digital NFPA code book(s), either by purchasing the necessary PDF file(s) at NFPA.org or using the free access copies at NFPA.org.
- A unique email address for each examinee
- Photo ID for each examinee
- A completed form 16 (without SSN) for each examinee, submitted in advance via email
- A $40 exam fee for each exam, submitted in advance via email
All individuals must be registered and have submitted the necessary form and payment at least 7 days in advance of the event.
MORNING: Once registered, individuals will be assigned an exam starting time between the hours of 9:30am and 11:30 am.
All events are subject to change please check this event page at least 24 hours before the day of the event.