Requirements for Filing Pressure Recorder Charts Online with Form H-5
Oil and gas operators can file the Injection/Disposal Mechanical Well Pressure Test Report (Form H-5) online using the RRC Online System. This will allow the pressure recorder charts currently required to be submitted with the Form H-5 to also be submitted online. To ensure the quality of the upload, the scanned chart images must meet several requirements.
- The following information must be written on original charts at the time of the test:
- tester name with signature and date;API number;
- recorder clock rotation speed;
- recorder spring size; and
- gauge pressures for every string, written at 15-minute increments for the duration of the test.
- Scanned images must include the entire front and back of the chart. No part of the chart may be cut off or obscured.
- Scanned images must be in full color. Grayscale or black and white images will not be accepted.
- Scanned images must be of high quality and resolution, such that the image viewed at 100% scale is no smaller than the original chart and has well defined lines without blur.
- Scanned images must not be compressed, enlarged, or modified in any way. An 8-inch chart will fit on standard 8 ½” x 11” paper. All charts larger than a standard sheet of paper must be scanned as oversize documents and attached as an oversized image.
If an operator cannot meet any of these requirements, the original chart must be mailed to the appropriate RRC oil and gas district office. The operator must retain the original chart for a minimum of five years. The RRC may request that the operator submit the original chart at any time for any reason. Visit the RRC Locations page for Oil & Gas district office contact information.