Scheduling of Mechanical Integrity Tests
1. Quarterly test schedules.
- At the beginning of each calendar quarter, a computer program searches the RRC data system for wells that are due for a mechanical integrity test.
- computer-generated testing schedule is then sent to the operator of each of these wells.
NOTE: Any successful pressure test effectively "resets the clock."
- Initial pressure tests on wells with new or newly amended permits.
- Five-year pressure tests.
- Annual pressure tests required by permit.
- Initial test - 3 months.
- Five-year test - months.
- Annual test - months.
Last Updated: 3/24/2016 1:52:27 PM