RRC Commissioners Appoint Members to Texas Energy Reliability CouncilOctober 12, 2021
AUSTIN – Railroad Commission of Texas commissioners on Tuesday appointed five members to represent different segments of the state’s natural gas industry to the Texas Energy Reliability Council (TERC).
TERC was formalized in Senate Bill 3 to “ensure that the energy and electric industries in this state meet high priority human needs and address critical infrastructure concerns” and to “enhance coordination and communication in the energy and electric industries in this state.”
The five members appointed to TERC by RRC’s commissioners will join Chairman Wayne Christian and other representatives appointed by the Governor and the Public Utility Council and also officials from other agencies.
RRC’s appointees are:
- Jason Herrick, president of Pantera Energy, representing the operation of wells producing natural gas.
- Grant Ruckel, vice president for government affairs at Energy Transfer, representing the pipelines.
- Danny Wesson, executive vice president of operations for Diamondback, representing injection and storage of produced water.
- Graham Bacon, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Enterprise Products, representing gas processing.
- Keith Wall, director of regulatory affairs for Southern Gas Operations at CenterPoint Energy, representing local gas distribution companies.
About the Railroad Commission:
Our mission is to serve Texas by our stewardship of natural resources and the environment, our concern for personal and community safety, and our support of enhanced development and economic vitality for the benefit of Texans. The Commission has a long and proud history of service to both Texas and to the nation, including almost 100 years regulating the oil and gas industry. The Commission also has jurisdiction over alternative fuels safety, natural gas utilities, surface mining and intrastate pipelines. Established in 1891, the Railroad Commission of Texas is the oldest regulatory agency in the state. To learn more, please visit http://www.rrc.texas.gov/about-us/.