RRC Accepting Comments on Proposed LPG Form Amendments
LPG Form 7 and New LPG Forms 7A, LPG Form 7T, LPG Form 16P and PERC Outside Instructor ApplicationJune 08, 2022
The Railroad Commission of Texas (RRC) is accepting public comment to proposed revisions to LPG Form 7, Cargo Tank Registration/Re-Registration, and the proposed new forms:
- LPG Form 7A, Container Delivery Unit Registration/Re-registration,
- LPG Form 7T, Cargo Tank and Container Delivery Unit Transfer,
- LPG Form 16P, Application for DOT Cylinder Filler Certificate Exemption, and
- PERC Outside Instructor Application.
The proposed amendments to LPG Form 7 are related to proposed amendments to 16 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Chapter 9 relating to LP-Gas Safety Rules. The proposed amendments separate the truck registration process into multiple forms and adds instructions for completing the form, which will make the process more efficient for industry and RRC staff.
New forms LPG Form 7A, LPG Form 7T, LPG Form 16P, and the PERC Outside Instructor Application were also created in response to proposed amendments to 16 TAC Chapter 9.
- LPG Form 7A allows container delivery unit operators to submit the correct information needed to register or re-register the unit.
- LPG Form 7T allows cargo tank and container delivery unit operators to submit the necessary information to transfer a currently registered unit.
- LPG Form 16P allows an individual that has completed the appropriate Propane Education and Research Council (PERC) course, and submits the proper documentation, to receive a DOT cylinder filler certification.
- The PERC Outside Instructor Application allows an individual, with a licensed company, to apply with the RRC to administer PERC-based courses that will result in DOT cylinder filler certifications for the attending students.
Public comments will be accepted through June 21, 2022. To view the revised and new forms and submit a comment, visit the RRC website at https://www.rrc.texas.gov/forms/proposed-form-amendments/ under “Alternative Fuels”.